Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring's a-coming!

"See!  The winter is past;
the rains are over and gone,
Flowers appear on the earth;
the season of singing has come,
the cooing of doves is heard in our land.
The fig tree forms its early fruit;
the blossoming vines spread their fragrance.
Arise, come, my darling;
my beautiful one, come with me."    Song of Songs 2:11-13




Early Crocus

As usual, I jumped the gun and started my tomato seeds too early.  I have started the following tomato varieties:  Beefsteak, Roma, Jet Star, Super Marmande, and Golden Girl.  Anyone want to share their favorite variety to plant? (or to eat?) Thanks to hubby who put together 2 tables with lights. 


Here is a picture from a few summers back of Grandchild #4 helping Papa water the melons. I enjoy encouraging little ones to get excited about gardening! 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home